Date - 03/28/2022
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Via ZOOM- Register on NJCCIS
Strengthening Business Practices for Home-Based Programs Series: (Mini-Series)
Core Knowledge Area: Program Organization and Management Presented by: Mirna Montanez, Lead Trainer, Somerset County
Strengthening Business Practices for Family Child Care Programs training series addresses basic concepts in fiscal and operational management of home-based child care programs. These trainings are grounded in the belief that strong and sustainable child care businesses can support program initiatives aimed at improving outcomes for children.
DAYS 1 & 2-
Monday, February 28, 2022 from 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.* Module I. Budgets, Projections, and Planning
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 from 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.* Module II. Financial Reports and Internal Controls
*Participation in both sessions is required to receive credit.
Registration is available at www.NJCCIS.com Use Event ID# 130873
Goal(s): The purpose of this training is to strengthen child care providers’ foundational knowledge of fiscal terms, concepts, and practices. It encourages providers to realize the importance of fiscal planning to the sustainability of their business operations. It provides tips and best practices to help break down fiscal processes into manageable steps.
Objectives: Participants will be able to:
- Learn the value of developing a budget and how to use it for decision-making throughout the year.
- Understand how to project business costs, generate additional income and plan strategically for future goals.
- Discuss financial reports and identify ways they can help you better manage program’s finances.
- Identify what internal controls mean in a home-based child care setting and how they can strengthen the fiscal health of your program.
DAY 3- Monday, March 28, 2022 from 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.* Module III. Marketing Your Program for Home-Based Child Care *Prerequisite: Module I. Budgets, Projections, and Planning and Module II. Financial Reports and Internal Controls must be completed to enroll in this course.
Registration is available at www.NJCCIS.com Use Event ID# 130874
Goal(s): This training helps family child care providers improve their ability to develop a marketing plan and use marketing tools to communicate with families about the benefits of their program. Participants will strengthen their understanding of marketing tools, audiences, and elements necessary to develop a marketing plan. It encourages providers to tailor marketing practices to the audience they are trying to reach and develop effective communication strategies to promote their services.
Participants will be able to:
- Define external and internal audiences for the purpose of marketing
- Identify elements of an environmental scan
- Understand the difference between communicating features and communicating benefits
- Strategically use various marketing tools
- Focus attention on building relationships and increasing communication with families in order to improve retention of enrolled families and referrals of perspective families.
Attendance to all 3 modules is not required, but it is encouraged! Those who participate all three sessions will receive a special certificate upon completion.