Date - 04/30/2022
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This session is Part 2 with your registration for Part 1: Emergency Preparedness, Response, & Recovery for Child Care Programs
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we operate our family child care programs and child care center facilities. It has also reinforced the importance of ensuring your program is prepared. This course will cover basic concepts of site security, crisis communication and de-escalation techniques. Increase your competence and confidence as a child development specialist.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
- Identify at least one prevention technique you can use to better to secure your facility.
- List at least 2 ways to make your program safer
- Define the term ‘crisis communication’
- Describe the key elements of a crisis communication plan.
- Explain the key elements of effective messaging
- Define “verbal de-escalation”
- Discuss a scenario where you may need to use verbal de-escalation
This 2-part Health and Safety session can be paid for using your ARP Stabilization Grant funds!